What is 5G?
The 5th generation mobile network is a successor of the fourth-generation cellular technology (4G). It has revolutionized the gaming industry by setting its foot in 2019. This wireless cellular technology is of great importance as it incorporates features that conventional cellular technologies were deprived of. It has the capacity to deliver high volumes of data within seconds. It enables us to connect to literally anything and anywhere including machines and digital devices. It has prominent features that promise an extended scope in the near future.
Advantages of 5G:
It can facilitate a transfer of 20gbps of data with enhanced network efficiency. Adding to this, it has also proven to show low latency rates compared to 4G. It has been introduced with salient features of greater potential, that leave the users with significant gaming facilities. The most prominent feature of 5G is that it comes with a provision of low latency. This gives the user a seamless experience and near-real gameplay. This gives the user a sophisticated experience and gradually more people are pulled towards the adoption of 5G in their routine. It is proven to be incorporated into Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, Automation, and several other platforms to facilitate faster connectivity when dealing with humongous data.
Impact on Mobile gaming industry and E-sport.
- Enhanced Gaming features: With the introduction of 5G, we can facilitate Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual reality (VR). This gives the user an immersive gameplay. It also facilitates quick and seamless downloads and a hassle-free experience with its extended bandwidth.
- Multiplayer: The most common issue faced while connecting virtually is the lag in communication. This has been overcome with the introduction of 5G more efficiently. The user experience is unmatchable, wherein it gives a more sophisticated experience while introducing you to a new dimension.
- Faster speed and lower latency: The gaming industry has undergone an abrupt change after the introduction of 5G. It bags the potential to ensure a reduced latency of nearly 1 millisecond. This enables a smooth play that renders spontaneous connectivity for a real-time experience.
- Extended Mobile Battery: With its enhanced efficiency, 5G promises its users a prolonged battery life. Gamers needn’t worry about their battery running out and focus more on the game.
- Futuristic UI/UX: With an advanced setup, 5G proves to be providing high-quality graphic imagery, this high resolution along with glitch-free audio reception, gives an elite experience to the gamer.
- Streaming Services: 5G comes with a facility like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming platforms and almost acts like a hub where we can download games and stream online. 5G makes this very seamless as it has good connectivity and a greater bandwidth.
- Online games: While many popular games come with a multiplayer, dynamic scope, the network connectivity of 5G ensures smooth play with a low latency for the players to experience an elite experience.
- Virtual competition: When it comes to competitive gaming, lag can be a dangerous threat, 5G has overcome this by providing a near-real experience, for hassle-free gameplay
Effects on E-sport gaming:
- Connectivity: With 5G’s advanced features, the gaming platforms are able to bring in contestants/gamers from all around the globe and stage a virtual performance. This will be a great source of revenue generation and gain popularity worldwide.
- Live-stream: Games held on digital platforms can be live-streamed without any latency or reduced latency. This gives the gamer and as well as the audience a sense of satisfaction that they get to witness a near-real experience.
- Cloud Computing: With the invention of 5G, gamers needn’t download files or applications and store them in their local storage or PC, they are equipped with the facility that allows the consumer to gain access to all gaming provisions without any compromise.
The blooming technology has a greater impact on the digital world. The incorporation of 5G on all platforms is spreading gradually and people are slowly starting to adapt to the current trends. It has already begun to widely impact the gaming industry and e-sports. This is definitely a boon and a note-worthy update as it has the potential to bring in tremendous changes in the near future.